Sometimes you feel hungry but not the kind of ‘hungry’ where you can eat virtually anything edible. I don’t know if that happens to everyone or maybe its just me. When I’m hungry I have a peculiar taste for something. Like my body tells me- you’re hungry but we won’t take just anything you give us- we’re not that petty. Like this morning, I felt so hungry because I ate late last night( I don’t know why my body does that) and when I woke up, I felt the urge to eat yam pudding(mpotompoto) a meal wasn’t sure i could remember how it’s prepared. So, With just onions and yam in my cupboard, I had to roam Madina getting foodstuff for my tasteful appetite. Funny? Yeah, some bodies have great taste for food alongside some pride.
How I make my mpotompoto.
- Yam chopped into really small pieces( I prefer the yam lying in the pudding like lumps)
- Onions and pepper
- Salt and spices(not so much)
- Mushrooms(I’m a partial vegetarian that’s why, but fish is fine)
- Chunks(soy chunks)
- Palm oil
- Groundnut paste( I just added it to try how the outcome will be)
- Boil the chopped yam until they become very soft.
- Take them out into a bowl or something, then begin with your mushrooms and chunks by steaming with onions, pepper and spices with salt for taste. Add your palm oil and stir intermittently.
- Then work your groundnut paste by warming on fire with a little water.
- Then add your paste to the steamed mushrooms and stir.
- Now add your chopped- almost mashed yam to it and stir… You can choose to add a little palm oil to the surface. And tadaa!!!
Yam pudding magic is done..
Ps: this is how I make mine.. How about you?